Business Travel Quarterly – Issue 6, July 2019
Welcome to the July 2019 issue of the btTB-GBTA Business Travel Quarterly. In this edition, our lead article is an interview with the brand new CEO of Virgin Australia Paul Scurrah. We ask him about his plans for the airline and his impressions upon returning to the travel industry.
The News section is a necessary read. It covers two big events regarding Qantas; the rollout of their new QDP distribution channel, and their joint-venture with American Airlines. Hotels are also featured.
Kate Read from the City of Sydney gives us the reasons and the means for making environmental impact a major factor in accommodation selection.
In “Beyond The Marble Lobby”, Martin Kelly of Traveltrends discusses the sometimes overlooked area of regional and remote accommodation.
We also have an interview with the Executive Director of HRS Jon West where we ask him for his thoughts and recommendations regarding hotel procurement.
And my piece this issue is an argument in favour of running a sufficiently thorough TMC tender as a keystone process of good travel management. We hope it is of interest, and that it helps you to herd the travel category cats.
Inside Issue 6
- Interview with Paul Scurrah, new Group CEO and Managing Director, Virgin Australia Group
- Why choose sustainable accommodation? And how your company can do it
- Beyond the marble lobby…..Tales from the bush
- The corporate accommodation scene
- The Cost of Oversimplification.… In Defence of the Tender
- News & Comment: The Qantas QDP and American Airlines Deal